Total Pageviews

Wednesday 6 February 2019

Muhyiddin cancer pancreas



Muhyiddin recovering well after cancer surgery





PAGOH: Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who is undergoing chemotherapy after a bout of pancreatic cancer, says he is well on the road to recovery.

"Alhamdulillah (Thanks be to God), I am 60 per cent recovered after undergoing a surgery to remove a growth on my pancreas and several sessions of chemotherapy," said the Pagoh member of parliament here today.

Muhyiddin also said he has undergone four out of eight rounds of chemotherapy. It was reported that the treatment would last six months to prevent a relapse.

The former deputy prime minister also said he was fully ready to continue working and serving the country.

"Actually, it has been a long time since I gave a speech but today, I would like to let the people of Pagoh know about my health. The doctors confirmed that I had first-stage pancreatic cancer and advised me to remove the tumour.

"Forty per cent of my pancreas has been removed. My duodenum and bile duct was also removed. I need four more rounds of chemotherapy within the next four months.

"Alhamdulillah, I can now visit my constituency after the first four sessions of chemotherapy. I can now attend Cabinet meetings, party meetings and chair meetings on foreign immigrants," he told constituents during a meet-the-people event at Pagoh Multipurpose Hall here today.

Present were his wife Puan Sri Norainee Abd Rahman and Johor Health, Environment and Agriculture Committee chairman Dr Sahruddin Jamal.

More than 600 constituents attended Muhyiddin's event. This is his first public appearance in Pagoh since undergoing a surgery Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on July 12.

The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia president said his health continued to improve after resuming his duties as Pagoh MP on Aug 14.

"When I was unwell, felt week, dizzy and vomitting, I took lots of rest at home and focused on performing acts of worship.

"But when I felt stronger and told my doctor I wanted to return to Pagoh, he was worried that I might catch an infection," he added.







...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.